Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You Oughta Know

Anger is a very draining emotion. I've been working at other options besides anger to deal with certain issues in my life, but sometimes...
Anyhoo.. there's a favorite song of mine that I used to sing during karaoke nights with an old friend of mine that was excellent for channeling anger, especially when my boyfriend was ignoring me. Though, "ignoring" is probably the wrong word. Ignoring something implies that you know it's there, you're just pretending it's not. I think he just forgot I existed... seems I was fairly easy to forget back then.

Often wonder how long it would take people to get over it if I just disappeared for good...

Probably not long....


You Oughta Know -Alanis Morissette

I want you to know
That I'm happy for you
I wish nothing but
The best for you both.

An older version of me
Is she perverted like me?
Would she go gown on you in a theatre?

Does she speak eloquently?
And would she have your baby?
I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother.

Cause the love that you gave
that we made
wasn't able to make it enough for you to be open wide
No
And every time you speak her name
Does she how how you told me
you'd hold me until you, til you die
well you're still alive

And I'm here to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away.
It's not fair
to deny me
of the cross I bear that you gave to me
you you you
oughta know

You seem very well
Things look peaceful
I'm not quite as well
I thought you should know

Did you forget about me,
Mr. Duplicity?
I hate to bug you
in the middle of dinner
It was a slap in the face
how quickly I was replaced
and are you thinking of me
when you F*** her?

Cause the love that you gave
that we made wasn't able to make it
enough for you to be open wide
No
And every time you speak her name
does she know how you told me
you'd hold me until I die, til I die
well buddy you're still alive
and
I'm here to remind you
of the mess you left when you went away
it's not fair, to deny me
of the cross i bear that you gave to me
you you you
oughta know

Cause the joke that you made in the bed,
that was me and I'm not gonna fade as soon
as you close your eyes.
And you know it.
And every time I scratch my nails
down someone else's back
I hope ya feel it.
Well can ya feel it?

Oh I'm here to remind you
if the mess you left when you went away
Its not fair to deny me of the cross I bear
that you gave to me
You you you
oughta know I am here
to remind you
if the mess you left when you went away
it's not fair
to deny me
of the cross I bear that you gave to me
You you you
oughta know.

No comments:

Post a Comment